NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished belews dam lastnight.The fishing there was great.I got 2 really good fish a 5.5 and a 4.2 got these fish on a dt10 shad color.Also got a catfish on a 12 inch culprit worm. He was 7.1 when I hooked up on it I thought I had me a big hog bass then I got it to the boat to be surprised it was a catfish.Also got several small buck bass on a sexy shad cb.The fishing was good but not as good as the night before with JPOND686. There was three boat fishing in there last night.I got the 2 big ones in the mouth of the dam cranking with the wind to my back on really long cast digging the bottom.The friend that was with me had a bad night He had bad string and was breaking every thing off he hooked.Offerd him a good pole but he insisted on his. Then offerd some line but it was to heavy for him.He did land some dinks but all his were really small.I started to go to the hot ditch but my friend was disgusted over the line matter.So we ended the nite around 10:30 pm. TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not sure exactly where you put in. Being that your from Greensboro I assume you are putting in at the hwy 65 Piney Bluff boat landing. When you leave the landing go under the bridge and proceed out of the cove until you get to the main lake channel. It will still seem to look narrow once you get to the marker bouys but when you do turn left and then you will need to go about 5 miles or so north. Yes, north, Belews is one of those somewhat rare lakes that flows north. When you get out in the main lake just continue north, you shouldn't miss it. Altogether the dam is probably almost a mile long with the overflow drain being in the middle of the dam. I fish the dam regularly and normally manage to catch a fish or two myself.
How do I get to the dam? I'm new in the Greensboro, NC. Thanks...

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Yes the only way is by boat.

We hammered the largemouth pretty good there Friday night. No pigs but all quality fish.

You'd better be careful or have good electronics to get back to the ramp if you don't have a bright moon. Dark back there!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Duke Energy has posted the entire dam as off limits as with the hot hole barracade. If your caught on the dam you will be prosecuted. At least thats what the signs say. But by boat you can fish along the entire dam with the exception of the spillway which has a barracade.

So the only way to get to the dam is by boating? I don't have a boat :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.