NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello went to belews lake sunday put in at the public ramp water temp was 89 went down the lake a little ways started fishing having no luck at all steam was coming off the water about 7 am got to looking and the water temp was 103 ( i'v had showers colder than that ) i havn't fished there that much in the summer but wow anyone know whay it would be so hot ? went back up to upper end temp wnt down to 89. cought a few small mouth go about 1lb one snake about 6 ft long . not a good day for fishing i guess but my 6 year old sone loved it anyways so i guess i was not a bad day lol :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, Belews is a Power Plant Lake. The temperature is always terribly warm this time of year. To see 103 you must have been close to the discharge. Was there a metal barrier across the mouth of what appears to be a large cut back into the woods with signs that say "Keep Back 50 Feet?" Thats right where the Hot water comes out from the Duke Energy Coal Power Plant.

For this time of year, you had good luck, except for the snake part :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
water is dowm 3 or 4 feet but ramps still open went agion on wednesday temp next to spill way is around 93 to 95 but nothing is biting but hay still better than working anyway. im hoping when fall gets here and temp goes down be some good fiching where the water comes out from the power plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.