NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go fishing in belhaven sunday. What can I aspect to catch? Where are some good places to start? What should I use to catch them? I know some topwater early but what color should I use to catch the topwater then what should I use to later in the morning? Like berkley gulp and what color? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend just a caught good mess of trout on MR17s and other hard baits in Belhaven. They had success early in the morning around sunrise. Apparently the top water bite was not happening, but they found fish holding on a ledge in about 6 ft of water (color of the lures did not seem to be a big issue). Sorry for the second hand info. I am planning on heading that way Saturday so hopefully I can give you some first hand knowledge. Trout are definitely in that area. Not sure about drum.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
head out toward the bridge, zig zag across the area and watch your depth finder,... see those humps and holes? :) paddle tails on jigs and mr17s

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm heading there in the morning about 6 hours from now.... Lol I will post tomorrow afternoon and let y'all know what I find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sundrop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.