NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reports on trout, drum and flounder around the Belhaven area? We were planning on heading to Rose Bay, but I see where that ramp is closed, so that leaves either Belhaven or Swan Quarter. Plenty of good reports from SQ, but it a lot longer drive.

·
Registered
662 Posts
From what i have done and heard from others the fishing in the Pungo isnt to hot. Id recommend SQ. When the people who guide the area wont even fish the river and are out at SQ it tells you something imo.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up fishing Rose Bay via kayak and put in at the Nat. Wildlife pier between Rose Bay launch and Swan Quarter. Either we are a LOT worse fishermen than we thought, or fishing just SUCKS this year! We've fished out of Aurora, Oriental, New Bern, the lower White Oak and now Rose Bay and can count our fish caught on one hand. Today, we fished from about 7:30 til 1:00. I caught a 13" flounder and a 12" trout within 15 minutes of launching. Not another bite the entire time. My buddy left with a 15.5" flounder he caught within 30 minutes of takeout. No other bites for him either. To top it off, I lost my dip net on the way, and we missed the ferry on the way back. Not giving up, but we can stay local, not catch fish and save gas, time and money. Sure hope fall and cool weather brings some changes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts