NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've been searching for a good bass spot for years around carteret county...found it! I parked in the back parking lot and walked 200 feet to this spot..caught 3 largemouth in 90 minutes, mostly 3-4 lbs...clean fish, no parasites. (catch n' release.) Very clear and deep water. visible to depths of 5-6 feet...Had the best luck with a 7.5'' culprit watermelon red core worm on a 5/0 eagle claw. I aimed for the dark corners and dropoffs and scored...saw a couple monsters checking out the bait but they were too sluggish to bite. Also tried out a strike king red eye spinnerbait and it seemed to draw them out, but they didn't want to take it. Also hand-sized panfish galore, but i didn't even mess with them. Looks like a beetle spin or some crickets could work wonders on the bream.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Checked out this spot with a buddy in my Pelican on Thursday evening. The pond at the deepest is 16ft, and across the middle it stays 14-16'. The whole pond has big drop offs from the shore. Across the pond, from the sandy side, there is a shallow sand bar that has drop offs on both sides. Me and my buddy had plenty bites, but couldnt land any. A lot of the bass were chasing the bluegill along the shoreline, next to the grass. Our bites were on topwater, and were big. Saw a few bass cruising the shoreline. There is a ton of small bluegill in there. Hope this helps out!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am would have to say that it looks like the lake belongs to the subdivision which probably does make it off limits. I am trying to pull it up on GIS to see who owns it. I would love to fish it but want to make sure it is alright to do so.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
My guess is that it was dug when Hwy 24 was built. In any event it is private property and whether or not there are "No Trespassing" signs you are trespassing if you do not have permission of the land owner. You can contact the Carteret County Tax Office and get the name and address for the land owner and obtain their permission and fish the property legally.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
This is a good place to remind folks that we do NOT support trespassing. I don't know if this member had permission or not but I am closing this thread, removing references to this location and making this statement...

Folks as anglers and sportsmen/sportswomen we are not only to be stewards of the natural resources that God has given us but we are to be good citizens as well. Please respect the privacy and property of others and DO NOT fish on land that you have not been given permission to be on. It is just plain wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.