NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and for once it happened on tournament day. About 645 cruising down the waterway, found a creek mouth with bait and started catching them. While we were catching bait we saw sure signs of drum just outside the creek mouth on the icw. Right at 7 am me and my fishing partner casted out with large finger mullet and instantly had a double hookup. I ended up losing mine but after that we landed at least 6 more and not one in slot. Def couldn't complain and it was awesome! Not what we were looking for so after about a half hour i got a 26 1/2 but he didnt weigh much. Not soon after my buddy landed a 26 3/4 and very heavy. That fish was the winner! We fished our way down from wrightsville to carolina beach and about 12 o clock my buddy hooked a flounder on a jig head with pretty much a mullet head on it. We kept fishing with not to much to show for it so right at 1 we weighed in and decided to try to beat a storm that looked like it could get ugly back to wrightsville. I've never caught so many overslot drum in one day before and we finished first in the drum division and third overall in the fishermans post tournament trail! Didn't take many pics but here are a few.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Wow! That's a near perfect outcome I'd say. Congratulations.
One question-how did they get that fish mounted so fast? Technology is amazing

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.