NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
There are alot of good brands and choices. Main consideration (besides making you float) is comfort. 3 main things involved there-open arms for paddling, high back to keep it off the seat, and cool since most of the time (for most people) it`ll be warm weather. The fit is important so you want to have several ways to adjust it. If you wear it in winter be sure it`ll expand to go over several layers of clothes. Some are side zip and some are front. Some are mesh to be cooler. Some folks want storage on the vest-some don`t. I`d say most of the "good" choices will run you from $70-$150.

My choice is the Stohlquist fisherman.
It fits the bill for all of the above except the do make a version or 2 that is a little more mesh in the construction. Also look at the Astral brand. MTI is also another good brand.
Druminator and Toba both have them too- I was just copying them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have an xps fishing pfd from BPS. i believe its more geared for power boaters, but i love it. the only downfall i see with it is the back. its a full/low pad on back, meaning it does interfere with the seat. usually i find it pushed up a little high on my back due to the kayak seat back. however it has a felt lined neck band on it so it doesnt really bother me.

after seeing the vest stu has and seeing what i feel would be an improvement, the stohlquist fisherman seems like my next purchase. but i will be using my xps in the winter, that thing kept me warm in february!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Stohlquist Fisherman, hands down the best fishing PFD. Good pocket space, high back, and comfortable. Something people skip over sometimes is that kayak PFDs are made for kayaking. Boat and PWC jackets are not made for kayaking. You'll find that kayak PFDs have larger cuts around the arms so that there is no rubbing while you paddle.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
NRS Chinook OS Fishing PFD is best one in my opinion.
This is the best of the best, a premium Type III vest with a high front and back to stay out of your way; oversize tackle pocket; dedicated radio/GPS pocket, three Velcro pockets, rod holder, two knife lash tabs and much more. It’s six-way adjustable in three sizes, and we love the blaze orange for visibility. Remember, it’s all about power boats seeing you and avoiding an accident in the first place. Its the best kayak fishing PFD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NRS Chinook OS Fishing PFD is best one in my opinion.
This is the best of the best, a premium Type III vest with a high front and back to stay out of your way; oversize tackle pocket; dedicated radio/GPS pocket, three Velcro pockets, rod holder, two knife lash tabs and much more. It’s six-way adjustable in three sizes, and we love the blaze orange for visibility. Remember, it’s all about power boats seeing you and avoiding an accident in the first place. Its the best kayak fishing PFD.
Thanks for sharing dear. I am finding hunting tools of Damascus Steel . we are planning to go for hunting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts