NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Favorite Surf fishing beaches in NC?

:confused:
Love to know how soon after the hurricane I can fish the coast with success!
Also, where is the best beach to surf fish in NC? Thanks.

Justin; Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Justin,

I wouldn't waste the gas coming down to the coast this week-end to fish. The water is a mess as is the coastal land areas. Nothing that a little time won't fix though. I live on the water near Topsail Island (mainland side) so I'll try to get out and about on the water this week-end and next week - will keep everyone posted if I can get out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I guess if you could have gotten there you could have caught puppy drum and blues (3-5 lbs)at Hatteras point this weekend. I'm not sure how the travel would work out as there was certainly plenty of sand on the road but the state boys got right on it. Not sure about ferry service but I suspect it is working by now. Down at Beaufort Inlet the report I read said dirty water out to 30 miles. That was this weekend. Drum, blues and an occasional flounder is about what I would expect til the water clears. Also grey trout if you can find a school. Most likely they will be way out of range for the surfcaster though. If the finger mullet start running they should come right into the breakers after them. Specks will wait til the water is clear along with spanish and false albacore. If the water will clear up maybe it will cool down and the spanish, trout and fat alberts will oblige. Spot and whiting should rev up as soon as it cools a few more degrees also. AL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.