NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really itching to go shrimping. I'm from Florida and we used to throw cast nets off the docks and fill up coolers with shrimp.

I recently purchased a Skiff and would like to know the best times to throw a cast net in the Intercoastal. Are there catch limits?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
100 per person per day. Cast net only. Hit the creeks off the intercoastal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 quarts? Wow, that's awful.

I'm assuming that the Intercoastal is considered closed area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Late summer or early fall seems to offer larger shrimp in my experience. Early in the summer, bait size shrimp are plentiful.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
NC has to make everything confusing..

Reactions: Brenardo

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of your feedback, suppose I'll start trying end of July and see what happens

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm catching plenty around my area right off the bank. (on the ICW) Most are a little small right now but there is plenty to catch!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Did see some small Shrimp jumping after the t storm at low tide. ...... ICM

·
Registered
117 Posts
In Sc we used clay mixed with fish meal to bait. Add a little water to make patties and set them at the base of poles set in the muddy bottom. Used to get 48 quarts in a few hours. Baiting in NC is illegal.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Are glo sticks considered bait? May be a stupid question but the people I bought my shrimp trap from suggested using sticks but another local dude told me the a WO told him not to use them?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
In Sc we used clay mixed with fish meal to bait. Add a little water to make patties and set them at the base of poles set in the muddy bottom. Used to get 48 quarts in a few hours. Baiting in NC is illegal.
It is NOT illegal in NC....if it is, please show me where.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts