NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to Pitch Kettle solo today. Put in at Pelican Landing (5$) and fished within eyesight. Curly tails for all but 2 fish which I caught on a speck rig - - just had to satisfy my curiosity and it worked! In at 1pm out at 430pm due to rain. Fished by a bass fisherman who caught a 6lber on my way out. Decent day.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
I've never put in at Pelican landing, but would think if the river is up a running pretty good, it may take a very hard paddle to get back to Pitchkettle. Never done it, so can't say for sure. Core Creek is a couple of miles up river, so you could put in there, fish the Neuse, and then fish Pitchkettle, and take out at Pelican.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pelican Landing is useable for a 5$ fee. Nothing fancy. No dock. I havn't kayaked so tough to answer. The current is swift but its only bout a mile to the creek. The 90 degree turn in the river causes a pretty hard swirl but I would think sticking to the edge would be manageable. Maple Cypress is also an option up river but it's about 15-20 mins motoring.

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
Core Creek is closer than Maple Cyprus to Pitch kettle, but you do have to run out of the creek there. Not sure how far, but would think less than 1/2 mile. I have heard that the creek itself and mouth of Core Creek can be a good place to fish for shad also. Haven't been for a while, but the ramp fee used to be $2 at Core, and it has a camp ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.