NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been fishing around the 64 bridge that crosses the Big Alligator River. I am headed up there tomorrow to try and catch some stripers or whatever else is biting. I believe some stripers stay there year round, but I am wondering what else will be biting up that way. Maybe trout and drum in the creeks? I've never really fished up there so any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ive heard the same but havent made it up there yet. Please be sure and let us know how you do!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Years ago, several of trolled along the bridge pilings at night during the winter months. Bucktails and rebels were just the ticket for the big guys. Also try the old 64 bridge from Manns Harbor going to Roanoke Island. My son and created some great memories wading under the bridge and throwing jigs tipped with live eels toward the pilings. Stripers are in both places all winter until the spawning migration in the spring.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hmmm... that's starting to sound like the stories I hear from Hampton Roads... big winter stripers hanging out under the shadow of the bridge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.