NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a short trip to The Cape Fear today and caught 1 fish. 34. something Flathead. I cant remember the 10ths but oh well......

Had 4 Goldfish left over from the other day. No hits on them. I also got a few shad in the net and some shiners. Big boy hit a shiner. Bout the sixe you buy as a "bass minnow" . Fish hit right before dark and it was a fight on 40lb red cajun line on a Penn Mag 10. Tremendous fight. Got fish in and grabbed it by the bottom lip. Mistake. First Flathead I have that did a death roll.:eek: Had to release it and regroup. Get in in again and this time put both my hands on it bottom jaw and subdue it. Take a few pics, weigh it and let it go. Good day.

Fish Marine biology Fluid Recreation Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
408 Posts
I learned the hard way with those big cats If you grab them, Put t a death grip on them. Don't try been easy. If you lift a cat out of the water they usually behave until thier tail touches the bottom of the boat or ground. That's when they will go crazy. I got scars on my hands for life for how many got me and tore the skin off. Those sand paper teeth will do some damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.