NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to check out a new pond today near my house. Wasn't having a whole lot of luck so I decided to try and get to the other side from where I was. Tromped through the forest and was cut of by a tiny creek the ran in to that pond. Decided to give it a shot. Not very deep at all. Maybe 3ft at the most. Landed this chunky bass after nailing a couple dinks. No scale, but I would say 4lbs-5lbs. Caught it on a Zoom Finesse worm in Green Pumpkin running it Drop Shot style. Not bad for a tiny creek!
CAM01247.jpg CAM01246.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes they get trapped but still seem to flourish in those small waters! A current is always nice. They hide under whatever shelter they may find and wait for their meal to float by. Never underestimate a body of water ;)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Nomenclature will vary from one individual to another....my creek evidently differs from yours. I call half of that a creek. Go figure.

Sent from my kayak...
agree what most of you call a lake I think of it as a pond having grown up on a great lake

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think calling that a creek is a bit generous!;) Looks more like a ditch to me. Anyway, nice catch.
I would agree with you on that one! It's a creek though. if you look, you can see a tunnel at the far side of it. Plus i looked it up and that creek has an official name lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts