NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a random question. Given all the experience in this forum. Which lake or lakes do you feel has the biggest and healthiest bass? From my own experience, which isn't a lot, I'd say Harris...I've caught my #1 and #2 PR there at 9.64lbs, and another at 8....just curious for some fun input on this!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Harris probably gets the nod among most but id say Jordan, Harris and Falls are about equal. All three regularly put out big fish and heavy limits. I think my chances of a 8+ are just as good at Jordan or Falls as at Harris. I have 3 over 9lbs on my record... 2 from Jordan, 1 from Falls... probably more over 8 from Jordan and Falls for me too, then again I have a strong dislike for Harris and dont fish there unless I have to.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Jordan has given me more 7 and 8 pounders this year but Harris gave me a 9 pounder. Falls is good for big ones too.
The one lake that has impressed me this year is Buckhorn. I got buddies sending me pictures of high 8 pounders all the time!!!!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
acre against acre there is one lake that makes Jordan Harris and falls look like rookies. 3 of my 6 biggest bass came from Jordan but this little Lake hands down beats them. And no i dont fish it as I am generally a river fisherman but this lake probably gives up more 10lbers per acre than any other. Its public but its not .????? Maybe Nats dad will guess it.

Reactions: BennyB

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I agree it's got big fish but the lake you have so far refused to let me guide you on makes that place look like a stunted bass mud hole.

Friend at church would let us go to your spot if I tell him you are not as backsliding as you appear.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
acre against acre there is one lake that makes Jordan Harris and falls look like rookies. 3 of my 6 biggest bass came from Jordan but this little Lake hands down beats them. And no i dont fish it as I am generally a river fisherman but this lake probably gives up more 10lbers per acre than any other. Its public but its not .????? Maybe Nats dad will guess it.
Hmmmmmm. Wonder if it's close to Cary would love to go after some big girls

·
Registered
185 Posts
you've sparked my curiosity....couple more hints?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nobody would ever guess this one.,,,besides it's where I killed a B & C Unicorn so no more hints.,, mods need to close this thread....now!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
"I came to this thread to tell you I have a great spot, but I'm not going to tell you where it is, and now that I said anything, we need the thread locked because someone might start guessing."

You guys baffle me sometimes. Why even post it? I probably know the lake too, but if I have no intention of disclosing it, I just .... <gasp> don't post about it. Is it an ego boost thing, like 'I know something you don't know'? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
We have recognized diagnosis and get daily meds for such so we are excused from your accusations.

Pick on the non institutionalized members please. We have enough problems as it is.

Anyone know when the next new moon is?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
"I came to this thread to tell you I have a great spot, but I'm not going to tell you where it is, and now that I said anything, we need the thread locked because someone might start guessing."

You guys baffle me sometimes. Why even post it? I probably know the lake too, but if I have no intention of disclosing it, I just .... <gasp> don't post about it. Is it an ego boost thing, like 'I know something you don't know'? I just don't get it.
Whoa whoa whoa,,,,,I never said i wasnt gonna name it, I even asked Nats dad to guess it(name it)........ if you dont like it dont read it.

I dont fish it anymore so I dont care if it gets named, If i did fish it I wouldnt have mentioned it. its north of greensboro, burlington and durham and I would bet that except for nats dad no one names it, I will give the name out tomorrow .....lol

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Don't you dare! I have a free invite anytime we want.

Even that fox squirrel dog knows better than to do that.

You name it and suddenly you got fourty cousins from here that said you invited them up there.

PS Take a look at the beetlespin thread and show your worth.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
i got a free invite to go anytime as well but who wants to catch bigs ones unpressured?...no sport in that

Ok...mybe I will just pm who wants to know.....good luck getting in there,

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Dang you...ok i wont mention it but i will in pm to the first 3 but they have to promise to be silent. geez

·
Registered
644 Posts
Being that Mack in NC is from my area and Nats Dad is in the same neck of the woods also. I think I know what lake is being kept quiet. Very limited access,small and full of big bass.Ill stop at that to not disclose more info.:D

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I'm not trying to pick on you, ND, I guess I just don't understand why folks bring up things they clearly don't want discussed. I get wanting to keep local "gems" quiet because the publicity has the potential to destroy that which makes a place special. I totally get that; I have one myself that I just never talk about because of that very fact. The difference is, I just don't talk about it. :D

Reactions: Jackson
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.