NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from three days of bass fishing in Pender County. A 5-8 kt variable wind and muddy water from the last big rain made outwitting big mouth a challenge. The first day was slow, caught 4 however one was in the five pound class. Day two my host and i went to the "never been skunked yet place", a 40 plus acre pond. Again the water was dingy and warm. But the spot was good to me and I caught 14 with three being in the 5-7 pound class. The weather was hot, humid and the deer flies were on the offensive but it was all good.
An interesting note. My good friend was so impressed with the yellow submarine that he did what? Yep, bought a little 10' wilderness system sit in. He took to it like a fish in water! Ruined another fisherman!
Tight lines and no birdsnests... Yellowsub

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
An interesting note. My good friend was so impressed with the yellow submarine that he did what? Yep, bought a little 10' wilderness system sit in. He took to it like a fish in water! Ruined another fisherman!
Tight lines and no birdsnests... Yellowsub
You know what's next - get him registered on NCangler.com and we'll put him on the map!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4
I already mentioned it to him. His computer has passed on to the bit bucket in the sky.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks for the report. Great fishing!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fished in the Long Creek area. A couple of ponds on private land. Its good to have friends in soggy places.
Also had a couple of buddies from work who yak fished Phelps Lake on Saturday. They had pretty good luck with a few largemouth bass but told me they did exceptionally well with bluegill and other panfish types. Bobby said they caught some weighing better than 1.5 pounds. Anybody up for a trip to washington County?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.