NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been commuting for my new job for a couple months now and finally got moved in Saturday. Monday evening had the chance to fish with a friend and glad that I did. Caught 12 bass and 8 bream, several bass on plastics and a pop-r and the rest on a beetle spin. Was getting later in the evening and most of the bass had been dinks up to 1.5lbs, and then I casted about 10' off a point in 8 feet of water. Started to reel and THUMP, set the hook lightly expecting a small fish and the line started swimming. Lifted up on the rod and felt some weight thinking it was probably a little better fish, re-set the hook and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ off she went. Fish shot towards the surface and couldn't jump fully out of the water, head shaking the whole time. Was fishing with 4lb fluoro on an ultra light so things got interesting. She jumped 6 times and made a couple saltwater style runs but after a tense 5 minutes she was within lipping range. Spawned out and still hit the 7lb mark. Definitely one of the best freshwater fights I've had in a while!!!

Sky Water Vertebrate Smile Boat

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Nothing like that big girl, but I got a 5 pounder when I was 13 or 14 fishing from my Uncles pier with a beetle spin around 1:00 am. For years it was my personal best. (BigLenR are you reading? don't give up on the beetle).

Congratulations again James she will be a prime campfire tale from now on.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice fish, man! Light tackle to boot. Well done. :D

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.