1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, good to meet up with you today.
Hope all went well on the pond!
Catch anything??

No luck for us, though Jack did take a shot at a doe about 4:30. He missed (shot under).

Anyway, hope the "spot" works out for ya! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Same here!:) :) :)
Sure was nice to meet someone that shares the same intrest. and again thanks for the invite. I did not manage to catch anything,:confused: but sure had a lot of bites. I did mange to get caught by the Game Warden on may back to the truck.:eek: Really nice guy although he did check to make sure that I had my fishing Lic. and to let me know not to get caught by the Power plant cops. I guess that they have gotten real picky about people fishing there lately. The Game Warden said he doesn't care if we fish there just don't get caught by the PPC. It was a really nice area. I plan to make future trips out there.:D I do have a question about the nanna jix's? I was wondering if the nanna jinx's could apply to your yak. I have what could be considered a 14' nanna. I am starting to wonder. Again a great big thanks for letting me know about your little Honey Hole. Maybe by spring time I will have figured out how to catch a Fish here in NC.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you'll be just fine. The only thing that would worry the PPC's would be someone around the dam there on the right side.. just stay clear of it and I think you'll be just fine. I'm sure you'll meet up with the older guy that goes down there with his float tube. He's been doing it now for 15 years in the same spot. I'm sure when you meet him, he'd be happy to share his "local" knowledge.

Good to know the Gamewarden was out there!! That's great! glad they're patrolling there.. helps keep the kids with ATV's and the target shooters off the gamelands while folks are trying to hunt ;)

Hey, I did notice the nana colored yak,,, but I didnt want to say anything..... :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I didn't make it down to the dam. I paddeled back towards the Hwy and drifted and fished the far bank all the way down to the first really big cove. There was a nice little breeze that kept me moving. Hardly had to paddle. I then made my way back up towards the truck trolling the near bank. I would have loved to caught a fish today considering that this will the last time that my yak will see water until spring. I start night's on monday and will be there until March/April time frame. Again thanks for your time and help

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I do have a question about the nanna jinx's? I was wondering if the nanna jinx's could apply to your yak. I have what could be considered a 14' nanna. I am starting to wonder.
Nope. Not enough potassium.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
last time i was at harris a buddy of mine and me were sitting near the gated/closed off area. when a heavily armed guard pulled up and just stood in front of his suv with a m-16. he said nothing but since 9-11 the guys that patrol power plants aint joking..

zooker

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks lefty. I am starting to feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one out there with a big Yellow Yak. By the way nice fish. I guess since I can't blame it on my yak, it must be me. Thats o.k. I have all winter to study up and maybe I will learn a thing or two before spring gets here.Thanks for the info Zooker. I don't ever plan to mess with them, they have a job to do, just as I do. Beside I make a pretty big target in my yellow (nana colored) Yak, let alone I do not paddle all that fast. Again thanks for the time and help. God bless you all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.