NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this trout, picked this trout up on the Elizabeth River,VA January 29th. Fish was 32 inches 9lb 14oz. Wish I would have caugth it,because it is the biggest I have ever seen in person. Fish was floating dead. Sure fish was over 10lbs when it was alive. Only fish we saw that morning. Water was 34 degrees when we backed the boat in. Not as many fish there this year,as I believe they are not letting warm water out of the ditch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I understand they are either switching over to a different fuel source or shutting down the plant.
Just something I remember hearing from a friend that knows the area. ..... ICM
What a waste of a trophy breeder fish.

·
Registered
245 Posts
They shut down the plant earlier this year. Speaking of breeder fish...some knuckle heads killed over 100 the other day in the "cove." They had stretched a gill #%& across the cove. Saw cell phone pictures of the VA Marine guys loading them in coolers, several 25-30" trout. Made me sick to my stomach! The big girl in pic above may be a casualty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.