NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
When I first opened the page and glanced at the photo I didnt think much of it, then started comparing the first to the guys and boat. Congrats

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My girl friend and I thought the same thing Neilslure. It's amazing how it's just a scaled up 20 pound wahoo. Not chubby or funny looking like most monster fish are. You could have take the picture of it just laying on the beach and you couldn't have paid me to believe it was over ten pounds. Such a pretty fish great job!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fish was 77 inches long and the girth was 30 inches. Was caught on the west side. This is the time to catch them on the east side. Thought it was a big albacore or shark, knew it wasn't a king unless it was fouled hooked. When we saw the stripes we got real nervous. I am the one who gaffed him and I couldn't get him over the side. When he hit the deck he never moved, but we did. Thanks for the complements.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.