NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some and love em on my heavier trolling and spinning outfits.

I guess the question is what do the rest of you think about these rods from Sea Striker......yeah I know they are made in China right beside all the othe rod manufactures:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Great thread idea Crazy Horse. I'm not familiar with the Billfisher Rods. It would be great to post a link or photo of them. I have Outer Banks Outfitters rods with my lever reels and spinning outfits. I've been very pleased with them too. Using Okuma reels across the board. Since I only get down a few times a year to fish they are holding up very well. I don't know how well they'd do if fished everyday though. :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the Okuma T15 combo from them.....four of em....and after less than one year I had to goto boaters world and get two new rods on principle. Two of the four gimbals came unglued and rested in the rod holders. BW was good and replaced them. On the Sea Striker Billfisher rods.....stop by Custom Marine and talk with Donald jr. He just replaced two rods for my fishing partner for free.........he didn't even buy them there. Great service. Also they have the Tsunamis (sp) and they seem like good rods.

NCangler....I tried to give credit to who showed me the site, but he is not registered....though he did say something about you....him.....boat....dock and PCS barge going towards Adams Creek. To let let you know it was a person I'm currently working with in Clayton..........Brad H.

I will be changing , location really soon, as this commute is killing me.

Also way off topic now........can you make the page here not have to scroll from side to side????

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have any Okuma baitcasting or trolling reels, but I sure do like my Okuma Avenger series spinning reels. I use 'em a lot, two 30's, a 50 and an 80. they're smoother than the Shimanos I have, and cheaper to boot. My brother didn't have much luck with his Okuma trolling reels, though. My $.02James

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Crazy Horse said:
I have some and love em on my heavier trolling and spinning outfits.

I guess the question is what do the rest of you think about these rods from Sea Striker......yeah I know they are made in China right beside all the othe rod manufactures:rolleyes:
I picked up a pair of the Billfisher "Live Bait Series" a few weeks ago. I've had them out trolling for Kings a few times since then and they have done well. I've have them paired with the Shimano Speedmaster TSM4. Great combination for the money.

They might not be the best rod for the rigors of charter boat fishing but my dealer assured me they would hold up well for many years of week-end fishing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The day before Mackfest I toured the Sea Striker plant in Morehead and saw some Star Rods under construction. I think the Ariel, Delux, Handcrafted, Nickel Lite, and Plasma rods are all awesome for the money. Go see them at EJW Sports, or Neuse Sports Shop. You can call Phillip Henry to arrange a very intersting Sea Striker plant tour and see them make gaffs, Clark Spoons, rods and other stuff. My wife even liked it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have 3 of the billfisher Sea Strikers (50-80 class and 80-130 class)
There as good as any Penn Mariner or other stand-up rods

I also have Star and Chaos rods as well, work great for trollin/bottom fishin.

For the money, you cant go wrong with Sea Striker, they work.

You can look at my gallery and see the rods I'm using.
Basically all Penn, Sea Striker, Chaos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts