NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From anyone who fishes the Neuse much, I'm a little curious on whats been biting down at the Neuse in JoCo lately. I'm from the Johnston County area and am doing Coastal Geology Research up in Virginia over the summer - I'll be heading home this weekend with a buddy from up here and am wanting to take him out to the Neuse rather than the usual farmponds (Nothing against a good farmpond but I'm after some fish in bigger water.) Thanks!

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
It will be good for the river all in all. Bottom will be cleaned. New log jams and maybe the bends will be deeper. Trash will be swept out to sea tho... : (

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
748 Posts
The high water may be better than bad, but I can say the pH and DO has dropped pretty low with the influx of tannic swamp water. It has also been prolonged but have yet to hear of any fish suffering from it. Not enough rain Kinston and south to sustain the level but rain in all reaches above Goldsboro with Falls already above full pool has resulted in the continued highs. Also, I've fought the low water in New Bern myself with all the wind blowing it out.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Its not how much rain Kinston gets but those up river. Falls lake/Raleigh areas have had lots of rain. When its like this the gates to Falls Lake are opened to keep the water levels at a certain level. When that happens everyone down river gets high water, and its been like that all year. Its only been down a time or so where it would be just right.

Lots of people still fishing and a few cats are being caught but its been tough.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sorry didn't see your post in time but i did ask a man who stopped by how it was coming and he said it was still closed and they were still working on it. I'm going back Saturday so I'll check.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.