NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out at about 8AM at Holloman's Crossing and went towards the shallow end of the lake by the overpass, slightly new here so I don't know all the road names. Had the old lady fishing with a crappie minnow and she caught this Crappie. I'm from PA so this was the largest Crappie I've ever seen, to put that in perspective, it would have been a lake record back home haha. Caught the bass on a KVD Lipless Crankbait at around 10. Literally hit in as soon as it hit the surface. Now the bad news. After taking the pics my iPone 6 fell out of my pocket and plummeted into the 54 degree water, needless to say, it didn't float. Nothing like a $700 fishing trip, but hey, we didn't get skunked!

-Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I recovered an LG and Motorola Razor from submerged in the lake and dried them out to work just fine for several more years. That motorola was dropped in the lake a 10AM, dried out and talking on it at 3 before I even got off the water. I-phones hate water, it would probably never work again if you did get it back. I have killed 3 of them, 2 from exposure to small amounts of water and one went swimming in my pocket when I took an unexpected swim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! all I could do is watch it helplessly. Had the water been 80+ I would have gone diving for it, only about 10 feet of water, I've done worse for "lucky" lures. It happens. The girl thought it was the funniest thing ever, kinda like her taking 20 minutes to reel in that crappie, it's all fun though!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Sorry you lost the phone, but love your attitude about it.

I carry a cheap Kodak waterproof camera when I am fishing. It has a little clip on life buoy with it. I try to leave the phone in a zip-lock baggie.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How did you post the pics if you lost the phone you took them with? Confused.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see how that would be confusing, I had the pics early and uploaded them to facebook, lost the phone at the dock while bending over to tie my boat off, fell right out of my pocket :(, so luckily the pics were already posted online lol. My bad!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.