NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i will be visiting the black mountain area next month and i plan to do some fishing (trout). i have located some creeks on the maps (mill, mackey, curtis, buck). my question is how can i make sure i am not trespassing on private property?:eek: what is the norm for getting in the water? can you just pull off the road by a stream and fish? thanks. grasmo. also, what will the water temp. be around the middle of next month and should i use waders in any of these streams. thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i've been doing a little more research since my first post and that davidson river area looks fantastic especially with those feeder creeks. any info on this area? tom, btw i agree totally. i am strictly a catch and release fisherman no matter what. oh yeah, about how far apart do they space those wildlife signs? thanks. grasmo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks tom. yeah i would really like to fish a pretty open area with no people around. i don't mind going on a hike to find that spot either. can you give me some dimensions of the davidson and looking glass (length of the stream and the average widths) so i can get a mental picture. when you say crowded, do you mean that people are within sight of each other for long distances? boy that would stink. is the tuckaseegee a wading river? that's what i'm going to be doing. catching a bunch of fish isn't really top priority, just looking for some purdy scenery, some quiet, and maybe a few fish. see 'um later. grasmo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.