NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Commercial and recreational fishing for black sea bass will open at 12:01 a.m. June 1, 2011. Both sectors will remain open until May 31, 2012, or until the commercial quota or recreational annual catch limit is met.

The recreational bag limit is 15 fish per person per day. A final rule for Regulatory Amendment 9 to the Snapper-Grouper Fishery of the South Atlantic Region (Regulatory Amendment 9) is under review. If approved, the final rule would reduce the black sea bass bag limit from 15 fish per person per day to 5 fish per person per day. NOAA Fisheries Service will provide notice of these regulation changes as soon as the rule files in the Federal Register.

For more information please refer the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council’s Web page at: www.safmc.net.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Time to grab a headboat!! Grouper and BSB are keepers woohooo!!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree twilight, I went out about 15 miles over spring break and didnt catch anything but 6-7 inch bsb. Barely had any bites and we were on some really good spots. Its a shame what drag nets can do to a fish population......

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
we caught 2 keepers in 50' of water @ 45 min. rock. both a little over 13"...caught on a gulp pogy on a heavy jighead. the small ones were enjoying the cut bait on bottom rigs

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been out twice this year to where the keeper BSB can usually be found. Results - LOTS of BIG ones. Had a few over 20' including one knot head over 22". I think the BSB fishing is going to be good this year :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.