NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished at the river by the powerhouse from 4-6pm yesterday without a bite. Only thing they were catching there was 3lb shad off the powerhouse. Then we took my paddle boat to the lake and put in. We fished from 630-10 without a single bite. Even found a nice drop off that went from 5-18' and nothing. The cats are turned off for some reason. Went back down the river and fished at the highway 74 bridge for a last attempt. Had a nice bite but wasn't a catfish like I expected. About a 3' gar. They were catching crappie out on the lake as we talked to one guy who caught 18 keepers. Maybe next time.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,749 Posts
Pretty pictures... sorry it was unsuccessful, but looks like it was a nice day at least.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Gar are a prehistoric critter...they give me the creeps honestly!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it's always relaxing even without catching fish. Hopefully were going to try it again next weekend and maybe they will be biting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone ever bother your vehicle at that ramp. There are times I don't feel like I should park my jeep there...

Peter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No we've never had anyone bother our vehicles around there. Never ran into anyone but nice people down there. I was nervous about walking down the river and leaving the paddle boat in the truck but we were gone for 2-3 hours and no one took anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You catch any of those shad? They are an awesome fish
No, we wanted to for catfish bait but there wasn't enough room for us to fish. There was around 10-15 people up there fishing.were fishing the river Saturday night so hopefully they are biting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts