NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, I am thinking about driving to N.C. to fish Blewett Falls Lake, I want to fish for Bass, I always catch and release. Can someone tell me if it is a good lake and maybe where the boat ramps are located and nearby hotels. Thanks

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
I have fished Blewett Falls in the past for catfish. I tried bass fishing a few times with limited success, but it would not be in the top ten of my picks for NC. That said boat access can be found at the NCWRC web site under "places to fish" The closests places to stay will be in Rockingham,

Good Luck
Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Never fished there, wish I could help you, but I'll bump your post!

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm with the others not really a great lake for bass fishing especially your typical soft plastics such as lizards and worms.. a crank bait usually is your best go to option at the falls... My best day catching large mouth at blewett was when I was white bass fishing using a sassy shad on a jig head They were killing it that day! But it's slap full of slab crappie ,flatheads and blues

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
I'm with the others not really a great lake for bass fishing especially your typical soft plastics such as lizards and worms.. a crank bait usually is your best go to option at the falls... My best day catching large mouth at blewett was when I was white bass fishing using a sassy shad on a jig head They were killing it that day! But it's slap full of slab crappie ,flatheads and blues

Were you catching the White Bass in the Lake above the dam?? I got into some once below the dam but never above.

Thanks
Darrell

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes above the dam.. but This was a few years back... It's pretty much like every where else now as the white perch population grows the white bass population declines... But there still a few there on the main lake got into a few gooduns this spring trolling kalins acid rain curly tails for crappie

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Yes above the dam.. but This was a few years back... It's pretty much like every where else now as the white perch population grows the white bass population declines... But there still a few there on the main lake got into a few gooduns this spring trolling kalins acid rain curly tails for crappie

Wow I never knew! I used to float (canoe) down from Little River in the spring and drift mullet chunks and shad for cats,I should have been throwing some Rostertails. I never had a boat up past the long Island.

If you ever have an open seat I would love a chance to see the lake again with someone that knows it

Darrell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts