NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back to Greenville and was thinking of heading to Blounts Creek area on Friday. Anyone been out that way? I was wondering if anything worth catching was up in the creeks now or if I need to get closer to the ocean? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
768 Posts
If that is the washington area, then yes. A buddy of mine has gone twice over the last 3 weeks and caught some really nice trout (but you can't keep them). Some in the 3-4 lb range at that.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It was good from the reports I had heard. However the wind has blown the water around a bit and the fish have seemed to have moved into the river. But that is normal. Still prob some striper in there. I'd fish the mouth and the bay outside of the creek if it were me

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Blounts creek has always been more hype then catching for me anyways lol...I always here about how good it is then it never lives up to the reports.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My buddy that went (went with a trout machine) called me the next day and said "man the biggest fish we caught was 23", that will be the last time I go after them little things"!!

That was funny. I told em that was a nice class trout.

But they caught around 20 or so. All different sizes....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts