NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dave - not only did they catch BFT out of Southport this week, but three were caught off of Topsail! One at Dallas Rocks - that is 6 miles from the inlet and two at the other end of the island! This weather calms down, I'll head there in my boat! I got a HMS permit and I'm just crazy enough to try!

Man you gotta get your quota on them deer and get on down here!

Here's the report form East Coast Sports tackle shop in Surf City:
[FONT=arial,helvetica]East Coast Sports Fishing Report for December 1, 2006
Bluefin Update
There were 2 caught a X-Mass Rock on Tuesday and 1 caught at Dallas Rock. Early AM Hookups and Pink Islanders with Hoos.
I saw 1 of the fish from X-Mass it was around 300 lbs. He said he saw 1 other boat heave one over the side too.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Ugh!! I know I know....
Takin Big Osh tommorrow to the local "honey hole" to get him rollin on some fish, hunting in the afternoon... and news you dont want to hear.. but I got to take the boat to Winston-Salem Sunday!! (guy wants to see it Monday!!)

You have any 50W's? if not, I've got some 300 lb wind on leaders and fresh spooled 50W's if you want to borrow them. I've got the harness too.. let me know

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a couple of Okuma TG30-II rigs on stout Outer Banks rods (that is as large as my rigs go). But if you want to borrow Dave's 50's I could meet him and bring them down to go with you. :D

I'm watching the weather real close - would have to have a near picture perfect day for my 19' but if they are in that close - it's doable. My buddy cuaght one in his Maycraft 1900 last year.... of course he is nuts - he runs that thing much further out than I do....

Thanks Dave & Randy for the offers - I'll keep ya posted. Right now there might be a break in the seas on Wed or Thursday.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Let me know if you want to borrow gear.. nothing but a thing really! You just say and we'll get it to ya, and thanx Randy, yeah we could meet up and I'll get the gear to ya to drop to Mike. All Mike has to do is just say when ;)

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
You're a good man Dave! Looks like I won't be able to make it this week though afterall. Picked up a bad cold yesterday and family plans for the next two weeks are going to keep us real busy. But go get them Mike! We'll fish another time for sure.
Let me know if you want to borrow gear.. nothing but a thing really! You just say and we'll get it to ya, and thanx Randy, yeah we could meet up and I'll get the gear to ya to drop to Mike. All Mike has to do is just say when ;)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sorry to hear about the cold! I've had some kinda respiratory funk for almost 3 weeks now! 2 rounds of antibiotics and every home remedy I can find! I hope yours goes much better!!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I can just see a 700lb bluefin in a 19' Maycraft with a USCG helo winching up one or more crew members. Busted tackle and and blood everywhere you look. Mike at the helm with that 1000yd stare. Later back at TI as they winch the beast off Mike is overheard telling the reporters "What I'm trying to tell you guys is that was just a baby...the smallest we saw all day. We heard they were only 300 LBs. They ate our lunch for breakfast and were having us for lunch when the little one hit" :D :D :D JUST PICKIN'.... AL

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
LOL :eek: LOL

LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.