NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im dying of boredom and have yet to find one of these mythical creeks everyone kees ripping trout from.

Any sight of the bluefish yet? I live in wrightville and have yet to hear of any so far. Seems like they are taking their sweet time moving along the coast.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
For several years in a row I went down to the beach in April and always caught or saw bluefish in the 12" range. Some days were slow and I might only see 3-5 schools on a slow day; probably more went by unnoticed or out of my range. But lots of days they were in pretty much all day. I fished almost exclusively black steel leader with a heavy silver spoon because of durability. I caught them on lots of other stuff but they are rough on tackle.

EDIT - I was surf casting BTW. Plugs are likely a better choice on the pier. Lipless cranks work but get destroyed (DAMHIKT). Ugly lures you just haven't brought yourself to throw away are a good choice when they are in thick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.