NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I couldnt find a section on here that screamed out this is where the question should go, so I just chose this one.

I have USAA insurance on everything else in my life...being a Vet. But, USAA does not insure boats. They send you over to a "partner" to do that.

I am told I will be charged about $100 to $150 for my new rig and trailer.

So, does anyone mind saying what they pay and with whom and are there any areas one should make sure are covered?

I read somewhere that one must be sure that "trailering" is covered. I took that to mean getting from point A to point B. But, I would have thought that was included in the coverage.

Comments....suggestions....?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The best suggestion I can give is to call Adam or Liz at Wells Marine Insurance in Wilmington... I don't think you will be disappointed....

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
I have Allstate on our home and two cars and $117 boat (176 Key Largo w/ 01 Yamaha 90) a year through them. That's 13000 boat, 3500 motor, 1500 electronics and 1300 fishing gear. Then with Seatow I have trailer repair, $14 extra and that's will fix my trailer on the road. I have Allstate road assistance as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the come backs.

Is there a difference between.....boat,motor and trailer insurance.....and towing it all down the road???

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
I have Allstate on our home and two cars and $117 boat (176 Key Largo w/ 01 Yamaha 90) a year through them. That's 13000 boat, 3500 motor, 1500 electronics and 1300 fishing gear. Then with Seatow I have trailer repair, $14 extra and that's will fix my trailer on the road. I have Allstate road assistance as well.
I have Allstate as well, I pay slightly more than BigE for the same coverage for a couple years older boat

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I use Boat US for on water towing and their partner for insurance. Boat US and sea tow usually have a trailer tow option for $15 extra

Reactions: BigE818
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.