NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my NauticStar 2110 out of a boatel, and getting ready to move it down to the Crystal Coast. I've stayed on top of cleaning but I would like to give it a nice detailing before I bring it down.

Any suggestions for products? I have some general deck staining, some mild oxidation in places on the chrome, some slight rust stains around a few of the cleats, and probably some mild mildew issues in a few compartments. Nothing really nasty. People have told me I keep it looking nice, but I would like to put a nice shine on her.

I went to WM and picked up Starbrite products: Instant Hull Cleaner, Non-Skid Deck Cleaner with PTEF, Vinyl Cleaner and Polish, and Premium One Step Heavy Duty Cleaner Wax.

Overkill? Need anything else? Anyone not happy with Starbrite products?

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Personally I like to use Bar Keepers Friend to clean the deck with. It's no more than $2 and found in the cleaning section at Wal Mart. For really tough stains I'll use The Works toilet bowl cleaner. I don't leave them on long and always rinse thoroughly with water. They work much better and are a lot cheaper than boat cleaning products. Also be sure to rinse off the trailer very well once finished with those products. For the hull itself I always start with a good wipe down with On/Off. Then I give the boat a good wash with soap and water and allow it to dry. Once dry I'll use a quality wax. I prefer 3m Cleaner and Wax. For the metal I like to use old fashioned Never Dull.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Mr Clean Magic Erasers work well on stubborn spots too. I like the "bathroom scrubbing" ones they have more bite..

Reactions: rollcast

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Jamestown Distributors is one of my suppliers. If it goes on a boat, they got it. They have a large selection of cleaners as well as a huge library of how to videos online. They sell cleaning kits including the high speed buffer as well.
Those people on the phones add up to many many years of experience. Great people.

Their paper edition catalog puts anything Sears Roebuck ever had to shame size wise. Several thousand pages of boat goodies and about 12 pounds.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will definitely check into Jamestown!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Bass Boat saver is the only thing I use on my boat, it keeps it shiny and protected and works on all surfaces. Probably wouldnt want to use it on a fiberglass deck though as it would make it super slick when wet.

Captain Garys Marine products out of Dunn also makes a full line of boat cleaning products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts