NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at heading down to Belhaven NC with my three sons for some fishing tomorrow. Can someone inform me of the boat ramp in that area along with any tackle shops in the vicinity?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
as far as I know the last real tackle shop is Eastside bait and tackle in Washington. The wildlife ramp is right smack in the middle of town so you cant miss it.

directions from a website :
Pantego Creek
To reach Belhaven Ramp from the junction of US264 and NC99 in Belhaven, travel along US264 East Business (Main Street) for 0.7 miles to Haslin Street. Turn right and go one block to Water Street, turn right. Continue for 50 yards to Belhaven Ramp (on left).​

Reactions: Curtis Pelt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately my 12 year old son came home from YMCA camp with a fever of 102 yesterday. We were hoping that it would be better this morning but it was still there as of 0500. So, hopefully tomorrow or this weekend we can get down there and catch some flounder.

Again, Thank You

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just a warning. On windy days the wildlife ramp can be a pain to put in at. There are also quite a few shallow hazards.

I recommend the small private ramp a few miles down from the 99 bridge. Google maps says the address is 4163 NC 99, Belhaven, NC. There is a small ramp fee ($5 I think). Less hazards and more protected from wind.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is CEE BEE Marina - i put in there all the time. There is also the wildlife ramp in Belhaven. I have not put in there.

Just a warning. On windy days the wildlife ramp can be a pain to put in at. There are also quite a few shallow hazards.

I recommend the small private ramp a few miles down from the 99 bridge. Google maps says the address is 4163 NC 99, Belhaven, NC. There is a small ramp fee ($5 I think). Less hazards and more protected from wind.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
oh thanks I did not know about those other 2 !

·
Registered
104 Posts
I heard that there was a new ramp being built there. So it is now open for use? That ramp would be great for some areas I like to fish but I want to make sure it is open before I plan a trip.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The one in Wright creek is open - the ramp itself is a little on the "sick" side but is usable. i put in there from time to time.

I heard that there was a new ramp being built there. So it is now open for use? That ramp would be great for some areas I like to fish but I want to make sure it is open before I plan a trip.

·
Registered
104 Posts
According to the PDF document the "new" ramp would not begin construction until August 2015. So, is the ramp that is there the old singe boat ramp or the new Wildlife ramp? I don't mean to drag this out but if they are going to start construction in the next week or so I would imagine that the old ramp would be shutdown until the project is complete. I don't want to show up there thinking I can launch only to find out it is under construction. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So I went by there today to do some scouting and I did see some people launch from it and there were a few trucks and trailers there. I forgot to take a pic but I have a feeling that it will be improved upon. It is the old launch that used to have the seafood place that charged like a $5 fee some years ago.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
So I went by there today to do some scouting and I did see some people launch from it and there were a few trucks and trailers there. I forgot to take a pic but I have a feeling that it will be improved upon. It is the old launch that used to have the seafood place that charged like a $5 fee some years ago.
yes that's the same old launch and it is very long and shallow so with the right wind it is almost impossible to launch/load many boats. I even had trouble with the little 15ft trihull I used to have there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.