NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NC Wildlife page says the Rose Bay ramp is closed for renovation.

Is that still true?

If so, is there a place between Wildlife ramps at Belhaven and Swanquarter to launch a 20 footer?

I can assure you I am no threat to your honey hole!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes the ramp at Rose Bay is still closed, they are saying it will be closed until 9/30. The only other ramp that I know of is at Germantown near Rose Bay. It is a private ramp, $5 launch fee, and we have been launching a 19 foot boat there. You should be ok with a 20 footer but it is a little shallow leaving the ramp but knowing that it is shallow, you should be ok. Just don't jump on it until you see enough water for your boat.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Yes the ramp at Rose Bay is still closed, they are saying it will be closed until 9/30. The only other ramp that I know of is at Germantown near Rose Bay. It is a private ramp, $5 launch fee, and we have been launching a 19 foot boat there. You should be ok with a 20 footer but it is a little shallow leaving the ramp but knowing that it is shallow, you should be ok. Just don't jump on it until you see enough water for your boat.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...2!3m1!1s0x89af5f5df3848d5b:0xbf6e03e24b1506b4

Professor Gilliam, the owner, will let you dock your boat overnite for $15. He will even facilitate a hookup to charge batteries. Good guy!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
the nc wildlife page says the rose bay ramp is closed for renovation.

Is that still true?

If so, is there a place between wildlife ramps at belhaven and swanquarter to launch a 20 footer?

I can assure you i am no threat to your honey hole!

Thanks in advance.
after viewing the photo , don't go near tha water !!!!lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
after viewing the photo , don't go near tha water !!!!lol
Place was fixed up this year with a new bulkhead and piers. They have a couple of cabins for rent overnight or weekly. Googling "Germantown Bayside Marina" brings it up. They could use better advertising, but it's a good place for those who find it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts