NC Angler Forums banner

Boat ramps?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  shemstreet 
#1 ·
I put a reply in another forum, so sorry about the repeat, but I wasnt sure where this topic should go.

Anyway, I have a new (used) boat, and I want to launch it sometime soon...I guess falls is prefered, but can anyone suggest a safe and "user friendly" ramp. If it's at Kerr, or Jordan, thats good too....please advise. Thank you.

#2 ·
On Falls, Upper barton on Six Forks is going to be the safest at these water levels. They've got the deepest ramps, the longest docks (which were actually still in the water one boat length last time I was out there, but that's becoming old news by now).

The Hwy 50 ramp has 2 user friendly ramps next to the center dock in normal water levels. It also has 4 outlying ramps with no dock. They do have a remote dock that you can tie off at and go get or park with your tow vehicle. They don't open til 9am and close around 5 or 6pm in the winter. Not sure what the situation is there with the current water levels. Al K and his friend launched there a couple weeks ago, but they had a pretty small boat.

Ledge rock might be OK. Not sure I'd venture too much farther upstream and count on good ramps.

Will have to see if travels can get me close to the lake this weekend. Don't think I'll be doing much fishing, but might be unsupervised enough to get a cast or two in from the shore and scout the low water areas.

Did you ever give us a post & pics on the new boat? Would like to see what you wound up with.

#3 ·
Flemingtown Landing at Kerr is pretty user friendly and has reopened. Several ramps, nice docks, plenty of parking. Just need to scout them out first to see which ramp offers plenty of clearance. Check with other boaters to see which ramp there they are using.

#4 ·
If you have not launched yet, three out of four of the ramps at Upper Bartons Creek have closed due to low water. One left, but only one section of pier at it, so depending on the size of your boat, it may or may not be useable.

Flemingtown landing on Kerr is one of the best around, if you have a skiff or jon you would be safe on most of the ramps there, if V-hull, use the 2nd from the left looking at the water, it is steeper than the rest.

Farrington on Jordan looks ok as well, four ramps and two piers, would consider it ok for mid size boats, not longer ones. Ebeneezer still looked good as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.