NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a aluminum trailer with a 1500 lb torsion axle and a boat load of 200 lbs. do we have anyone on the forum that works on boat trailers for a living. I need to either add a lot of weight over the axle or find a 1200 lb or less replacement axle. Great trailer but with the roads around here it bounces way to much.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm not sure how yours are made but if they are bolt on stubs, or the existing ones can be cut off the tube, this might work for you. http://www.trailerpartsusa.com/products/500_lbpair_,TSA-500

It would take some serious weight, like "suitcase" tractor weights to add enough to make a difference. I don't think a storage box on the tongue would help and would make the rig hard to handle by hand. In racecars we used to pour led in a mold made from an old valve cover with U bolts thru it and bolt it in where we needed to add weight. Lead has gotten expensive now. And still your talking over 500lbs to make a difference probably.

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would look at the lighter axle set before adding weight. no need to make the trailer harder to handle by hand.

Darrell
I'm looking at putting a Dexter Axle under it right now. The problem is finding one that will fit and be 1200 lb or less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.