NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a good place to get a boat waxed in swansboro area that doesnt cost a fortune? Ive seen signs in Morehead for $20 a foot, I cant afford that. I will wash it but when Im done washing Im too tired to wax, need a young guy who wants to earn a few bucks:) or will wax for a fishing trip

Reactions: BigE818

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have had several quotes that averaged $11 per foot in the Ocean Isle area. I know that's not where you're at but I can't see the prices increasing that much a few miles away?? I literally had 6 quotes just asking around when I had my 21' CC and 4 quotes were $10/ft and 2 of the were $12. $20 seems WAY high to me.
Crap, Ill do a highspeed buff polish and wax for 12!! :)

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I have had several quotes that averaged $11 per foot in the Ocean Isle area. I know that's not where you're at but I can't see the prices increasing that much a few miles away?? I literally had 6 quotes just asking around when I had my 21' CC and 4 quotes were $10/ft and 2 of the were $12. $20 seems WAY high to me.
Crap, Ill do a highspeed buff polish and wax for 12!! :)
$20 is the going rate around here

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Does it need an actual buffer to fix oxidation or just a good coat of hand wax? The reason I ask is because I have a friend that will do it for $100 as long as it doesn't need an actual buffer
My CC was chalking on the topside and had some waterline stains on the hull (no hull oxidation though) and got those quotes after they looked at the boat. I don't know....$20 still sounds high

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it need an actual buffer to fix oxidation or just a good coat of hand wax? The reason I ask is because I have a friend that will do it for $100 as long as it doesn't need an actual buffer
Im no expert but I think just a hand polish, it has a so so shine

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think it was Dynamite Payson that once said in his usual gruff manor when asked about boat wax. I won't include the cuss words but it went something like this.
"Wax is for cars, polish is for boats boy"

The theory being that wax is like glue for dust, grime, scum, and dirt where as polish is just polish.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I think it was Dynamite Payson that once said in his usual gruff manor when asked about boat wax. I won't include the cuss words but it went something like this.
"Wax is for cars, polish is for boats boy"

The theory being that wax is like glue for dust, grime, scum, and dirt where as polish is just polish.
Call it what you'd like, but you'll find this on all of my boats. http://www.shop3m.com/boat-wax-3m-marine-fibreglass-restorer-and-wax-500ml-bottle-09005e.html

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I dont know that my boat has every seen soap, water or wax. I use Bass Boat Saver after every trip to get the scum off and keep her shiny. Spray it on, wipe it off. Top cap is slicker than donkey snot when its wet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts