NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done any bussiness with them... ?
Boats Unlimited on Page Road, in Durham.
thanks for any comments...

·
Registered
113 Posts
About 4 years ago I walked into their showroom and walked around boats/wave runners for around 30 minutes looking. Not a single sole spoke to me or acknowledged my existence so I walked out and have never returned. I spent my 11k for a jetski at another dealership instead.

Recently they ran this big sale online in the parts department there. I e-mail them my list of maintenance items for my Verado. Their prices on those items was just normal list prices using a escalated list price to make it appear they were giving you some sort of discount. Needless to say I shopped elsewhere again.

Thats strike two. There will not be a third.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been very pleased with Matt the parts manager who has always been willing to match or beat prices I have found elsewhere to get stuff for me, even items that had to be ordered.
Don't know about their sales or service dept, but for parts, I use them regularly.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
welcome CAP1 Be sure and post a hello in the Meet n Greet forum!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had some minor work done, service was quick... maybe too quick... the invoice was a bit high for what was done.
they will not work on a motor that is 10yrs. old.
priced a new motor (for future reference) and was not impressed. of coarse i will shop around...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
About 4 years ago I walked into their showroom and walked around boats/wave runners for around 30 minutes looking. Not a single sole spoke to me or acknowledged my existence so I walked out and have never returned. I spent my 11k for a jetski at another dealership instead.
Not to argue with you in the least, but this got me thinking... (dangerous...) Folks also complain about getting pounced upon at car dealerships... I know I've felt pounced-upon more than once... I especially don't care for the sales approaches when I'm dropping my car off for service...

That must be one of the difficult things about that kind of sales position... figuring out how to approach the customers that want to be approached, without coming across as pouncing...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.