NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On saturday I went to Blewet for a little Bass fishing, the water was up and I had no problem at the ramp, so tryed out a stump field I found the last time I was there. I wached the sun come up but the bass were not feeding. I then went up river to the Grassy Islands and found something schooling in the chanel between the islands so I through a popper at them and BANG! fish on. when I landed it I diden't know what it was, looked a little like a striped bass, but no. then maybe big shad with stripes? no. but there was a school so I had some fun. late in the day I returned to the stump field and picked up one largmouth.
when I got home I looked up the fish on carolina wildlife North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission Bodie Bass good fish on a good day.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think they are primarily refered to as Hybrids or Wipers around NC. Great fish. fun on light tackle too!

Reactions: bouldertoad

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yep! You got into a school of Hybrids. Great fun!

Way to go and thanks for the report.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.