NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a Boga Grip but I was wandering is it really worth $100.00 more than the Berkey Lip Grip. Does anyone prefer one over the other? I realize that the Boga has a built in scale, but that's not a neccessity for me. Will the Berkley hold for most fishing? Will it hold the fish securely?

Thanks

Sorry, I meant to post this under Saltwater Tackle

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
backlash---My personal preference is a good old fashion landing net. If this is to be used on your kayak there are folding nets availible. I have one but I do not know who makes it. My reason of thinking is that a flounder or speckled trout is probably going to a lost fish trying to land it with a grip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Of course I'm a freshwater guy for the most part but I wouldn't trade my bogas for anything. They stay on my raft through the summer and winters and still work great. They have never came open without me opening them. So that's my 2 cents, I think bogas are worth the money.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'll second Onthefly's post.

Boga, they're quality built and will last, can be calibrated for certification if tourney fishin (which you mention wont need for weighting fish..).

But,,, lifting a fish by the jaw or having it's full weight out of the water by the jaw apparently can injure the fish, that's why you'll see alot of Florida charter folks support or lift the fish by hand or even like mention by net.... but hey,,, I'm a guy that gaff's stuff...

But if I were to buy a lipper, it'd be the boga. I've got friends that have them, but I've rarely ever seen them use them if that tells ya anything... :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.