NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished BIP Friday evening and caught a couple of bluefish and a spanish throwing the Gotcha. They hooked up with a nice Tarpon on the end and fought it all the way down the pier, and he spit the hook right near the pier. They also hooked up on a bunch of sharks. Saturday night at about 8:30 they hooked up with about a 6 ft blacktip and had to go down on the beach to get him in. Fished Sunday from about 11:30-8:00. There was a nice run from about 7-8 and I ended up with 10 bluefish, 4 spanish (all keepers), and a lizard fish. Caught all of em throwing white/red head and white/blue head gotchas.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like BIP is still going strong. Some of the other piers further up along the coast seem to have slowed down due to hot and murky water conditions.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Maybe the water's cleared up a little. When I was out there last week the strong SW winds made for tough conditions. It turned last Friday and got a little better but far from ideal. Caught a short flounder and some blues Friday morning off the Sheraton Pier in AB. The spanish were out of reach at that short pier but we could see 'em busting some bait.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Taht your shark jim? Biggest one ive seen pulled up on a pier, howed u get him up? U didnt gaff him did ya?
That was indeed mine. We gaffed him. Took three guys to get him up. Everybody had shark fillets that day.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Alright so long as he didnt go to waste. Nice fish, what sort of rod/reel did ya cath him on? Were you goin for sharks?
I never target sharks. I was king fishing off the end. The fighting rod was an 80lb class 5' 9" Penn Senator with a 6/0 Penn Senator reel spooled with 30lb momoi mono.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.