NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this past weekend i was up at the Bogue Inlet Pier. I got there on saturday. i was really excited to get up there because i havnt really gotten to go up there and fish wile the big blues and spanish were running. my brother walked to the pier at 530 and we walked to the end to see how king fishing and if they were catching anything. someone cought a 45lb cobia earlier that day on a bucktail. they were catching loads of blues as many as you could catch and there was a spanish every once in a while. and one of the guys out there told me someone had hooked a king the day before. so my brothers and i got up at about 415 the next morning and we walked up to the pier. and i got our king rigs ready and as im casting my brothers ancher out hes pulling blues in every cast so we put a few in the bucket for bait. once we got all our king rigs out i started pligging it took me 2 casts to catch a fish. but once i cought the first one it was one after the other. and both my brother and i cought 2 spanish that morning. the was no big blues untill about 1pm though and a school of them came through and 4 hooked up and they made a big mess of our king rigs and we cleaned it up and about 10 mins later my brother hooked one on his rig and it got off. than i hooked one but he got off. so we kept plugging. there was nothing big for the rest of the day just blues. there was about 8 big blues cought that day (sunday). i got up monday morning and went up there and my first cast i hooked a 3lb spanish with a pink plug with black dots. and put my rig out and i hooked 3 hatteras and something else i think was a king but he got off. it was a great trip. the best trip ive ever had up there.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sounds like a good time!!! I almost went to Bogue Tuesday but decided to try SeaView instead and had a blast...similar conditions/similar results there too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it was great me and my brother had a ball. he usually gets bored and leaves half way through the day. but this time he stayed all day. one of the spanish he cough was about 3 1/2 lb spanish and he cought a 4 lb blue both on a plug with 6 lb line

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
sounds like good fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.