NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went fishing with my good friend Captain Taylor off of Topsail Island. We had the pleasure of having his wife Debra along, she's a good angler. Yesterday she caught her very first Atlantic Bonito! Here's the video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vrAppkd-w"]YouTube- Debra_Bonito.flv[/nomedia]

I took the video but somehow forgot to take a still picture of her with the fish. Here's one of me and another fish that Taylor took.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah! The rod she is using is my favorite Speck/Drum rod - its a 7'6" St. Croix med-light rod with a Shimano Stradic reel loaded with braid. You can really feel 'em tug, makes it a blast! Only way better in my opinion would be on a fly rod.
That would be a blast. Tying some flies right now for some red action later this year. Got to love those Stradics!!! Have been a Shimano guy ever since leaving my Mitchell spinner behind after moving from sweet to saltwater..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.