NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going up to boone to stay with basswrangler and my brother for a few days. I'm familiar with trout fishing, but I'd love to catch some bigger fish. My way out there dream is to catch a muskie but I'd also like to get on some smallmouth and larger trout. We are probably going to be fishing the new river in todd as well as some other areas close to boone. Any advice or ideas? Are there any crankbaits or spinners that give me a decent chance at smallmouth with a snowballs chance at a muskie too? I'm set on muskies enough that I'm bringing one of my abu 5500's and an ugly stick. I'd rather throw something that has a chance of more numerous fish biting it as well as muskies.

Also, my brother has no car and loves to trout fish, both fly fishing and spinners. He's been fishing a few rivers off the bus route but if anyone knows any small creeks in boone itself that hold some trout I'm sure he'd appreciate the advice. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chatterbaits puzzle me. literally the only bass bait I haven't caught bass with. As embarrassing as it is, I am a junior in mechanical engineering going to NCSU this fall and I can't figure out where the heck to tie the line to on a chatterbait, let alone catch fish with it. I'd love to learn though haha.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
chatterbaits puzzle me. literally the only bass bait I haven't caught bass with. As embarrassing as it is, I am a junior in mechanical engineering going to NCSU this fall and I can't figure out where the heck to tie the line to on a chatterbait, let alone catch fish with it. I'd love to learn though haha.

You are doing better than me. I don't even know what a chatter bait is. I have this great big HUGE black tackle box I used when I bass fished 5 days a week way back in the hay day. Spinner baits and rattle traps, PopR's and buzz baits with still enough room for a change of clothes. Only thing I throw at a chub now is a worm. Floating or sinking. If they aint having none of that, I'm done.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
We get together and you put me on a swamp muskie and ill teach you everything I know about catching fish on a chatterbait!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts