NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided all the kayaks i want are in the 400-600$ range so I've started to save.
In the meantime i bought a bait caster.

I bought an abu-garcia silvermaxx
and a field and stream tec-spec casting rod

I spent a total of $91

The rod was on sale for 50$ and if you bought a reel 50$ or over you got 50% off a field and stream rod

so far i am very happy with my purchase it looks and feels great, i got the bigger rod 7 foot 6 inches.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
congrats, once you get used to it you will notice all of your reels starting to be baitcasters... i got my first one in june of 2010 and now own 5 and am getting a 6th, i've got one new spinning reel in that time span to put it in perspective lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think you will enjoy that silver max. I just got one a month or so ago, and I paired mine with the berkley lightning rod - shock series 7 footer. Its a breeze to cast and ultra smooth retrieve.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, im planning on fishing with it all day tomorrow despite the colder weather to get used to it, im gonna be using soft plastics and shad rattle traps primarily

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I caught one bass about 2 pounds on a white trick worm texas rigged with a size 4 red worm hook

i was using moss green power pro 30 pound test, rod casts great for a beginner like myself i had very few backlashes and was very impressed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts