NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Anglers. Just Joined Yesterday And Looking Forward To Chating! I Live In Asheboro And Do Alot Of Bowfishing. We Shoot Carp And Gar, no Game Fish, only Carp And Gar! Any Idea About That On Higgins Lake Or Anywhere Else For That Matter?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
if you ever decide to come over to "little" Washington weve got more Gar in the upper Pamlico/Tar river than you can shake a stick at!!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome aboard RAD. I used to shoot Carp on the Cape Fear between Jordan and buckhorn dams and below Buckhorn for some shallow water wading. I haven't done it in several but my old PSE Recurve is still set up and ready to go. I've been thinking about putting in on the Upper end of Jordan Lake and hunting a few this summer. Let me know if you if you ever plan to head up that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey. I have spoken with Sundrop already, but its good to hear there are a few other bowfishers on here. I go to ECU and I have a small bowfishing rig there. I love to shoot carp, gar, bowfin, and catfish too. I just got my boat down at school, but I am hoping to get into bear creek and a couple of other places close to Washinton where these fish are supposed to be. I am also wanting to head toward Jordan and Falls lake this summer, and try to shoot a little bit. Some of my buddies were at Jordan this past weekend for the bowfishing tourney, but I didn't get to make it. My club back home is hosting a tournament series in the foothills right now. Our next shoot is this coming weekend!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
All you guys need to hook up with Andy and the Tarheel fishsticker guys. They do alot of shoots from hickory, at least down to Lake Wylie. www.tarheelfishstickers.com
We saw a bowfish boat saturday night on Mt. Island during the Full Moon Paddle. I saw em get one and doubt they had any trouble finding all the carp they wanted. They are everywhere right now, especially Mc Dowell creek up north.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.