NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Food Fish Seafood Fishing

Before we start, this is a 25 1/2" Red caught on a 3/16oz jig/zman grub, Penn Z716 reel,10lb ultracast braid, Fenwick HMG 5'3", medium rod.

Took advantage of the short break in the wind to fish this past Monday. Launched at 6:30am and "had the blues before sunrise" (Apologies to MR. Clapton) as a huge school of bluefish from 1 -3 pounds were chasing bait on the surface. Threw a hot pink skitterwalk at them for 45 minutes before I forced myself to stop. TopWater fish are hard to ignore and they were tearing it up, but I wanted to chase trout at first light.

No luck at rising tide spots that were very productive last fall so at about 930 I moved into the marsh in search of Reds.

Found a few that wanted to play but they kept missing my #11 top dog jr. After the third swing and a miss (sounds like my Little League career) I grabbed my grub stick and threw into the ever expanding concentric rings and Wham! He hit it on the fall. This was a heavy fish and on this rig he put on a show. Quick pic, revived him and sent him back to his buddies. Great fish on the last day of Summer.

Fish were active today. Weather was messed up. 3 wind direction changes from dawn till 4pm. Had a brief bit of rain about noon when the forecasted front arrived. Then it got clear and sunny but the only thing biting were the @&$% no see'ums.

Looks like the winds gonna lay down (Sally)[just can't help myself] Wednesday afternoon/evening and continue into Thursday for the first Fall Trip of the year. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Blues are always fun. It can get expensive fishing around them this time of year.
How come the weatherman can keep his job with reports like " 90 % chance of occasional rain....." ..... ICM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.