NC Angler Forums banner

Bream and a full moon

5K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  redspringsfisherman 
#1 ·
Exactly when do bream bite the best. Is it a day or so before the full moon or a day or so after?

Some fish the week leading up to the full moon, some fish on the full moon, some fish right after.

What has been your experience?

#7 ·
I had the best day I've ever had this last Friday, the 17th near New Bern on my fly rod, using a foam bug. I caught at least 25 fish, and pretty sure it was more within 4 hours. I need to know why they bit so well on that day, so I can repeat it. lol Got in front of a man's house on the creek that was watching me. I caught 5 or 6 in a row on my 4 wt fly rod. Last time I looked at the man, he had his wife there with him looking at me. I felt like a TV star fisherman. Now, I want 25 every time I go.

#8 ·
They bite well that particular time because they are on their beds and are protective of their fry. You can catch some in that same area on the full moon in June and July as well but off the bank some in a little deeper water. As the weather gets cooler in the fall- they will be close to that area once again. Grasshoppers can be deadly in the late summer/ early fall.

#9 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
This is how i did the weekend before the full moon. This past weekend me and 6 others actuall caught our limit of 210. I will be going this weekend as well and expect to do just as good. I have been brim fishing for many years and it is the best the weekend of the full moon, however you still catch plenty leading up to it and after it. I think it just depends on how good of a spot you got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.