NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to take the granddaughter and her dad out for some bream fishing this morning. I was her 2nd time fishing and 1st time on a boat. Only a 10 minute run to the landing so I was only asked how much longer on time during the trip to the water. After getting used to standing on the "wiggly bridge" she got her Dad to help hold the rope and we put the boat in the water. Then to the "store" for nightcrawlers and off to the bream beds. We didn't find any big ones but the little ones were plentiful. We saw ducks, including a family of 6, some geese, swimming snakes, bunches of turtles and few fish for good measure. We even went to see the water coming over Icard Dam at 5yrs old a waterfall is a waterfall. She quickly lost interest in letting sometime else do her casting and started trying to come to terms with the Princess Pole. After a few severe tangles and couple of limb cast she was able to keep the bobber in the water long enough to get 3 all by herself.

Darrell

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She wasn't having anything to do with my rods or letting anyone cast for her. Her self sufficiency dwindled some when it came to putting on crawler chunks and taking fish off.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,755 Posts
That's great, Darrell. She's looking pretty proud there, those are memories she'll keep... maybe they all blend together when she's our age, but they will blend to create memories of happy times with her Grandpa.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow, I like the fancy chairs you have in this boat! Could get used to that. Great deal taking kids, AND their parents fishing. Glad you had time to enjoy the grandbaby.

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I like the fancy chairs you have in this boat! Could get used to that. Great deal taking kids, AND their parents fishing. Glad you had time to enjoy the grandbaby.
Only a few of the elite RedXers have occupied that seat of rank and notability.

I thought Wilma may want it but she didn't sit down except for when we had the gas motor going.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have caught some nice in there, I had a kid (14 or so) with me in there a few years back and he picked up a 10 pounder on a 1/8 rooster tail tied on a lite spinning reel.
Darrell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts