NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Freaked me out a little ..LOL My name is also Brent... Welcome aboard! I can promise you you'll get more tips than you can shake a rod at!!!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard, Brent.
Which part of the coast will you be surf fishing? Do you already have gear? The reason I ask is that the Hatteras area generally has more vigorous surf and requires heavier gear than most places. I've watched eight-ounce weights roll right back up on the shore out there.

Having said that, the basic rig for the surf is the two-hook bottom rig. Generally the first baits to start with are shrimp and cut baitfish. If you've got a sand rake, sand fleas work great too. Number one rule of course is to get your line in the water -- you're guaranteed not to catch anything if you don't do that!! :D

Reactions: brent teske

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for some tips i really dont know were to go as long as there is fish.what are some of the good eatin fish that you can catch. Iam also after catching a shark or two I dont care what kind and how big i just what to catch one any tips on that

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Brent. Look up near the top of the page and click where it says search and type in surf fishing. There are about 13 pages listed but if you pick out the ones that have new member and/or tips in the title you will come up with some very good information. Some how, most of the how to's and tips wind up in the meet and greet forum instead of the surf fishing forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.