NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well windy, very windy but 70 degrees and nice other than the wind...went for stripers and caught one AND 25 CATFISH!!! It was like catfish mania. From about 230pm to around 530 every cast BAM! BAM! BAM! Using fresh shrimp carolina rigged was the ticket. Ranging from 3-7 lbs. The lone striper I did catch was 16-18" 2-3lbs. Also caught a 20" blackfish which some fellow brdige fisherman ID'd for me. New species sweet! Fish on. Z

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sounds like a good time!!! Glad you got on em! Blackfish is also known as a Bowfin. Ugly toothy critters. Prehistoric fish. Very cool!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the report.. sounds like a good day! Looks like I may have to take a trip to the bridge soon. I am not that far away but have never fished there. I love catching Striper but a day like that covered in catfish would be a Blast!! Hey, If you are in the Greenville area, hit me up sometime and maybe do some fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.